Wood Roasted Souvlaki Meatballs and Sweet Potato Salad
by The Street Canteen
This dish looks absolutely stunning, a perfect summers dish courtesy of The Street Canteen, thank you for sharing we can't wait to try this.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
1kg minced beef
1 small onion
2 tbls souvlaki rub
2 tbls Bbq sauce
2 teaspoon yellow mustard
Sweet potato salad:
500 gr Sweet potato
200 gr sugar snaps
2 branches celery
6 big green asparagus
3 tbls Greek yoghurt
1 tbsp mayonnaise
1 tsp yellow mustard
Half lime juice and grate
Good hand fine cut herbs like chives, parsley, celery leaves
Pepper and salt.
- Firstly mix all the meatball ingredients together.
- Once mixed divide them into 12 meatballs. Flatten the balls a little bit and put them onto a pre oiled oven tray.
- Roast the meatballs in your Delivita at about 350c. Keep on turning the tray until the meatballs are brown and ready.
- For the salad, cut the potato into small bite sized pieces and steam until the are almost soft. Peel the celery and cut into small cubes. Steam the sugar snaps, celery and asparagus and steam unitl al dente.
- Finally, combine the yoghurt, mayonnaise, mustard and the lime zest and juice. Stir in the herbs and add more flavor with pepper and salt.
- Mix all the veggies and potato for the salad in a bowl and add some of the dressing.
- Serve on a plate with the meatballs, some slices cucumber, radish and a extra bit of the dressing.