Wood-fired Cooking - Pear, Squash & Nduja
by Marcus Bawdon
10 - 15 mins
There are some ingredients that can be cooked so simply, you pop them in a pan together like this, caramelise up, and some serious magic happens, that you really only get from a direct flame in wood fired cooking.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
1. Let your DeliVita oven get to around 200 degrees.
2. Here I simply caramelised up slices of butternut squash and pear, with a drizzle of rapeseed oil, a sprinkle of sea salt and pepper, and some thyme.
3. Roast off in my lovely DeliVita Wood Fired Oven at 200c until the squash was soft and caramelised which took around 10-15 minutes.
4. The squash was then finished off with a blob of nduja from Good Game. Nduja is a wonderful fiery spreadable salami which melts and adds a wonderful extra dimension.
5. The finished dish was plated up with a drizzle of double cream, this was a lovely simple plate of food and incredibly tasty.