Vegetarian Mushroom Calzone
Simple, cheesy and bursting with flavour, this tomato and mushroom calzone is the perfect weekend recipe. And it will definitely be popular among your vegetarian friends!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
Dough to Go (we use Organic Vegan)
250g mozzarella thinly sliced
200g fresh spinach
150g mushrooms quartered
1 clove garlic crushed
Fresh tomato sauce
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat your DeliVita wood-fired oven to around 315°C
- Separate your Dough to Go into 4 balls. Using your fingertips, press the dough to stretch to your desired size. The dough should be about 1/4 inch thick to the edge.
- Spread the tomato sauce over half of each round of dough.
- Add the mozzarella, mushrooms, spinach, garlic and salt & pepper. You can also add any of your other favourite vegetables at this point - we sometimes like to add a finely chopped red pepper.
- Fold over the other half of the dough, covering the ingredients. Roll and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Using a pizza peel, place your calzones into the DeliVita and bake for up to 10 minutes, or until each calzone has puffed up and is golden brown on top.
- Brush with a little garlic butter, serve with a fresh salad and enjoy!