by Tim Donald
'The Best. Burger. Ever. certainly lives up to it's name. Step up your burger game and give this recipe a try!'
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 500g 15% fat mince
- 1 onion
- 10g salt
- 5g paprika
- 5g dried mixed herbs
- 1 egg
- Chop the onion very finely.
- Break up 500g of the best quality butcher’s mince from prime beef cuts (15% fat) in a bowl.
- Combine the mince with the chopped onion, salt, paprika, mixes herbs and a beaten egg.
- Shape into patties around 20mm thick.
- Preheat a cast iron pan or a DeliVita Dish so it’s very hot prior to adding the burgers.
- Place the patties on the hot dish or pan, and press down to sear the outside of the burgers.
- After two minutes in the oven, flip the burgers and press down again.
- Add cheese at this stage, if required.
- Return to the DeliVita oven for another minute, or until the cheese has melted.
- Lightly toast the insides of a brioche bun, and serve with ketchup and mustard.