Smudge’s Super Green Vegan Valentines Pizza
by Stevie Smudge
Fresh, vegan and perfect for Valentine's Day - Bring some romance to the table with this heart shaped Super Green Pizza!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 pizza base
- 2 tbsp homemade vegan pesto (Can buy ready made)
- 1 handful Vegan cheese
- 1 handful rainbow tomatoes
- 1 handful rocket / spinach / watercress
- Pinch fresh basil
- 3-4 sprigs tender stem broccoli
FOR THE VEGAN PESTO
- 1 big handful fresh basil leaves (stalks too)
- 250g silken tofu
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (more or less depending on preferred consistency)
TO MAKE THE PESTO
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to desired taste. Simples!
FOR THE PIZZA
- Firstly, wrap the broccoli in kitchen roll then fully dampen the roll, microwave for 1 min until tender.
- Roll or stretch out pizza base (make into heart shape for extra brownie points)
- Once ready to assemble the pizza, Spread carefully the pesto followed by a scattering of the basil.
- Next the tomatoes & broccoli followed by the cheese & finished with the fresh greens (I keep the rocket until the end to top the pizza)
- Finish with a drizzle of good extra virgin olive oil & cook in the oven for 2 mins until perfectly melted & coloured.
- Finally finish with the rocket & another glug of olive oil.