Simply Sweet Charred Tomatoes
by Stevie Smudge
"Bring out the tomatoes natural sweetness with this quick and easy side dish"
SHARE THIS RECIPE
10 Whole vine tomatoes, halved
3 tbsp Olive oil
3 tbsp Balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp Granulated sugar
1. Bring the oven temp down to 350c while maintaining a small fire at the back of oven.
2. Take tomatoes and slice them in half and place cut side up into a baking tray (Keep them well separated so they brown evenly)
3. You can even sit these on a bed of finely sliced red onions with a little salt & olive oil as these will also char up lovely.
4. Mix the olive oil & balsamic vinegar together & drizzle mixture over the tops of the tomatoes.
5. Finally sprinkle with the sugar & cook towards front of oven for about 4/5 minutes or until you can see a nice char develop on the tomatoes (Do Not move them around)
6. Serve hot or cold.