Sausage and Broccoli Pizza
by Lewis Robinson
"Pizza tastes great when you make it yourself and we think this sausage and broccoli creation is tasty, fresh and filling."
SHARE THIS RECIPE
1 Delivita organic dough ball
For the Sauce:
4 Cloves of garlic olive oil
1 Bunch of fresh basil
3 x 400g tins of whole plum tomatoes
Sea salt freshly ground black pepper
1 Small head of broccoli
4 Quality anchovy fillets
1 Fresh red chilli
2–3 Italian-style sausages
150g Taleggio cheese
1 Tablespoon fennel seeds
1. Remove the dough balls from the freezer & lay the frozen dough balls onto a tray, keep them in their separate bags, leave them in refrigeration at 4ºC overnight, the next day remove the dough from their bags carefully, dip them into a bowl full of flour & place them back onto a tray, leave them out at room temperature approx 20º C for a minimum of 1-2 hours before making a pizza. (The dough must be covered at all times with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out).
2. For the tomato sauce, peel and finely slice the garlic, then fry in a good amount of olive oil until lightly coloured.
3. Pick and tear the basil leaves, then add to the pan with the tomatoes. Using the back of a wooden spoon, mush and squash the tomatoes as much as you can. Season to taste.
4. As soon as it comes to the boil, remove the pan from the heat. Strain the sauce through a coarse sieve into a bowl, using the spoon to push any larger bits of tomato through.
5. Discard the basil and garlic left in the sieve, but scrape any tomatoey goodness off the back of the sieve into the bowl.
6. Pour the sauce back into the pan, bring to the boil, then lower the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Cook until it’s the perfect consistency for spreading on your pizza base.
7. Put the dough on a flour-dusted surface and knead it around a bit to push the air out.
8. Timing-wise, it’s a good idea to roll the pizza base out about 15 to 20 minutes before you want to cook them. Now’s the time to get your Delivita oven, heated up to full whack.
9. Meanwhile, click off the broccoli florets and roughly chop (using the stalk, too). Blanch in boiled salted water for 1 to 2 minutes, then drain. Tear the anchovies into small pieces, then deseed and finely chop the chilli. Squeeze the sausage meat out of their skins, then roll into small, rough meatballs.
10. When you’re ready to assemble your pizza, smear tomato sauce on the base and dot with broccoli, torn up anchovy fillets and sausage meatballs. Tear over the Taleggio cheese and sprinkle with chilli. Crush and scatter over the fennel seeds.
11. Place the pizza in the Delivita oven immediately. Cook the pizza in about 90 seconds.