Roasted Root Veg
This winter root veg dish is the perfect accompaniment for any wintery dish. We suggest serving it up with our festive roast ham, and keeping the skins on your carrots and parsnips makes it that much sweeter. Delicious.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into long slices
- 1 large celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 5 parsnips, peeled and cut into long sticks
- 6 garlic cloves, kept whole
- A few sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 2 tsp black peppercorns roughly cracked
- Maldon sea salt
- Prepare the oven at approximately 160 - 200 degrees c
- Heat the oil in a large roasting tin, then add the root veg, garlic and thyme.
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, giving the tin a shake every now and then
- When the roots are cooked and tender and a golden colour, stir in the honey, peppercorns and a sprinkling of salt, then return to the oven for a further 5 mins.