SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2tsp fennel seeds
- 1 Leek
- 1 Red Onion
- 400g Sausage Meat
- Large pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 320g ready-rolled puff pastry
- 1 beaten egg
- Light your oven, after 10-15 minutes push the fire to the back of the oven. No need to feed again.
- Finely slice your leek and onion. Heat a tbsp of olive oil in a pan and add fennel seeds, after a minute, add in the leeks and onion and Sautee until soft.
- Mix your leek mixture with your sausage meat in a bowl and season.
- Roll out your pastry on the baking paper on your oven tray. Put the sausage meat mixture lengthways down the middle of the pastry, then cut the pastry into strips, at right angles to the meat. All the way down. Cross the strips in a lattice over the sausage meat to cover it. Then brush with the beaten egg.
- Put your wellington in the oven for 40 minutes, turning the tray around every 10 minutes.
- Serve with a salad or veg and enjoy!