Pollo alla cacciatora (hunters chicken )
by Marco Biasetti
4 - 6
Pollo alla cacciatora – Hunters Chicken: A really traditional dish, easy but impressive! One to impress your guests without too much work!
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 1 tin peeled tomatoes or passata
- I cup vegetable stock
- I cup red wine
- 2 carrots
- 1 stick celery
- 1 red onion
- 6 chicken thighs
- Salt and pepper
- Sage, Rosemary, Parsley
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- Half a cup of black olives
- Olive oil
*All cooked in Delivita round dish
- Light your oven, while its heating up, finely chop your onion, carrot and celery and set aside.
- Finely chop your herbs and garlic, mix together and set aside.
- After half an hour your oven will be ready to begin cooking. Drizzle some olive oil inside the pan and add your vegetable mix. Cook for 2 minutes (your oven should be very hot), then take it out and add your herbs and a glug of vegetable stock. Place back in the oven for another 2 minutes.
- Then place your chicken on top, and cook until your chicken turns white - 10–15minutes.
- Take the pan out the oven, add in your wine and a little more stock and return to the oven for 2-5 minutes to evaporate the alcohol.
- Now add the rest of your ingredients (tomatoes and olives), give it a quick stir and place back in the oven. Place your oven door on, and leave to cook for 30 minutes.
Great served with crusty bread and more wine.