by Olivia Robinson
"Fresh from the oven with creamy Buffalo Mozzarella and spicy Italian 'Nduja Sausage, this pizza is the perfect treat!"
SHARE THIS RECIPE
4 DeliVita dough balls
Extra virgin olive oil
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
Pinch of chilli flakes
600g good-quality Italian canned chopped tomatoes
Pinch of caster sugar
Pinch of fine sea salt
400g Buffalo mozzarella
50g Parmesan cheese, grated
1 Small bunch of basil, leaves torn
1. Remove the dough balls from the freezer & lay the frozen dough balls onto a tray, keep them in their separate bags, leave them in refrigeration at 4ºC overnight, the next day remove the dough from their bags carefully, dip them into a bowl full of flour & place them back onto a tray, leave them out at room temperature approx 20º C for a minimum of 1-2 hours before making a pizza. (The dough must be covered at all times with a damp tea towel to prevent them from drying out).
2. Fire up your delivita oven. Meanwhile, make the sauce. Heat the oil in a saucepan over a very low heat, add the garlic and chilli flakes and cook gently for 2 minutes. Add the tomatoes, sugar and salt and bring to a gentle simmer. Cook for 10 minutes, then remove from the heat and leave to cool.
3. Dust the work surface with flour, using your fingers spread and shape the dough balls into a pizza shape, then spread the cooled tomato sauce across the pizza shaped dough while leaving an inch along the edge of the pizza shaped dough for the crust. Tear the mozzarella into small pieces and dot over the sauce. Dot the ’nduja over the top and finish with a scattering of Parmesan.
4. Use a pizza peel (which you can find on the dellvita website) to lift the pizzas from the work surface and slide them into the delivita oven. for 90 seconds when the base is crisp and the cheese is golden and bubbling take it out of the oven.
5. As soon as each pizza is ready, scatter over a few torn basil leaves, cut into slices and devour!