Sweet and Smoky Salmon
by Marco, DeliVita
This rub is a delicious blend of sweet and savory with a smoky kick to perfectly complement the salmon.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- 2 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
- Large pinch of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 700g skin-on salmon fillet
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- Light your oven, after 10-15 minutes push the fire to the back of the oven. Add one more small piece of wood and no need to feed again.
- Combine sugar, paprika, lemon zest, and 1/2 teaspoon each salt and pepper in a bowl. Season salmon with salt and rub spice mixture all over flesh side.
- Place salmon your cooking tray, skin side down. Cook, covered with foil, for 30 minutes. After 20 minutes add the asparagus on top, season and drizzle with oil.
- Take out and serve immediately.