It's Zucchini Season
by Stevie Smudge
"It's Zucchini Season! Check out our recipe for this tasty Zucchini Pizza."
SHARE THIS RECIPE
1 Zucchini washed and ends trimmed
1 Grated garlic clove
Goats cheese, crumbled
Chives to garnish
1 DeliVita Dough to Go pizza dough ball
1. Cut zucchini in half lengthwise, then cut each half into half moons. In a medium bowl, toss zucchini with 1 clove grated garlic and 3/4 teaspoon of salt.
2. Transfer the zucchini to a mesh strainer and set over the bowl. Let drain for 30 minutes, tossing occasionally.
3. Place zucchini in the middle of a double layer of paper towels. Bring the paper towels up around the zucchini, and gently squeeze to release excess moisture. Pat zucchini dry and set aside.
4. Stretch pizza dough out (around 12 inches) Top the pizza evenly with grated mozzarella cheese, the zucchini and sprinkle goats cheese over the top. Add a little salt (if you like).
5. Transfer your pizza to your DeliVita oven and cook until the crust is golden brown and the cheese is nice and bubbly (mmm not long to wait).
6. Finish the pizza with a sprinkling of chives.