Instant Rosemary & Red Onion Flat Bread
by Richard Fox
3 - 5
SHARE THIS RECIPE
For the Dough:
- 500g strong white bread flour
- 1 & 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 & 1/2 tsp salt
- 320ml warm water
- 1 red onion, very finely sliced
- Lge bunch rosemary, cut into small sprigs
- Extra virgin olive oil (for drizzling over cooked flat bread)
- Flakey sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Combine all the ingredients for the dough and knead for a few minutes until smooth.
- Divide into 4 or 6 equal size pieces, depending how large you want the flat breads.
- Roll out or stretch to form as thin a round as possible
- Get the flattened dough onto our floured pizza paddle and top with a scattering of sliced onion and rosemary sprigs.
- Slide the flat bread into a 440 degree centigrade pre-heated pizza oven and turn a quarter turn every twenty or thirty seconds until the base is cooked and crispy (This should take no longer than two or three minutes.
- Remove from the oven and drizzle with the oil and season with the salt and pepper.
- Cut and serve immediately.