DeliVita Wood-Fired Trout
by Marco Biasetti
Traditionally in Italy we cook a fish supper on Christmas Eve and New Years Eve. Here’s an easy dish that you could with several different types of fish. We used a freshly caught local blue trout which was perfect. Serve as it or with extra potatoes.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Prep your oven and get to 400 degrees celcius (30 mins)
- To prepare the ingredients first of all chop all the cherry tomatoes in half, and finely chop the garlic and parsley. Put the cherry tomatoes, garlic, parsley, thyme and olive oil in a bowl, season with salt and pepper and give a good mix.
- Place your fish in the centre of a cast iron pan. Stuff the fish with half of your tomato mixture. Scatter the rest of the mixture around the fish.
- Lay all the asparagus around the fish then give everything a good drizzle of olive oil and add more seasoning.
- Put the fish in the oven, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, take the fish out, pour the glass of water over the top and put the fish back in oven (try to put the pan back inside the opposite way to the first 5 minutes it was in the oven).
- Leave inside for 35 minutes until the skin is crispy.
- Take out and serve straight away.