Clams with Chilli and Garlic
by David Fennings
"Spicy, fragrant and fresh! Perfect served with crusty bread and a glass of white wine."
SHARE THIS RECIPE
500g Fresh Clams
2 Cloves of garlic finely chopped
1 Red chilli finely sliced
1 Small handful of chopped flat leaf parsley
1 Glass of white wine
2 Tbs of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Soak the clams in fresh water for at least an hour before cooking then drain thoroughly In an oven proof dish add the olive oil, garlic and chilli.
2. Place the dish in a hot oven until the garlic starts to sizzle - this only takes a few minutes.
3. Remove the dish and carefully add the white wine and clams giving them a little stir and return to the oven.
4. Cook until all clams have opened, around 5 -10 minutes, remove from the oven add the parsley and stir.
5. Serve with white crusty bread and a glass of white wine.