DeliVita Burns Night Haggis
by Marco, DeliVita
Our wood-fired version of the Scottish classic. Wood-Fired Haggis Neeps & Tatties.
Make Burns Night a special occasion using this Haggis recipe. Happy Burns Night.
SHARE THIS RECIPE
- Prep your oven and get to 400 degrees celcius (30 mins)
- Wrap the haggis in foil and place in a cast iron pan. Pour 2cm of water around it, place the pan in your Delivita oven and leave for 75 minutes
- 30 minutes after your haggis has gone in the oven, start preparing your veg. Peel and chop the potatoes and turnips. Put them in two separate pans of boiling salted water for 20-25 minutes until soft. Drain them separately.
- Put the turnips back in their pan, add half the butter and a small glug of cream and mash, keeping chunky. Season to taste.
- Roughly chop the spring onions and toss in a pan with the potatoes, a splash of cream and the other half of the butter. Mash until smooth, seasoning to taste.
- Remove the cooked haggis from the oven, unwrap and slice open lengthways and place a few spoonfuls onto each plate. Serve with a portion of the turnips and potatoes (neeps & tatties) and eat straight away. You can always add some gravy too. Happy Burns Night!