by Richard Fox
"The Levant region of the Eastern Mediterranean boasts a rich cultural heritage, and bursts with exotic flavours and aromas.
This recipe for Baba Ganoush is one of my all time favourites."
SHARE THIS RECIPE
2 tbsp tahini
2 Cloves garlic crushed
Juice of 1/2 - 1 lemon
2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp parsley
- If you are fortunate enough to have a wood-fired pizza oven, simply light the logs as you would normally do for pizza making and push the aubergines up to the flames.
- Turn the aubergines regularly over about a twenty minute period until they are blackened on the outside and the flesh is soft. Otherwise place them directly over a gas flame and do the same thing.
- Once blackened, remove from the heat and allow to cool enough to handle. Flake off the blackened skin and discard, leaving the delicious, smokey flesh.
- Chop the flesh and then combine with the remaining ingredients.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature with flat breads or baked crostini, or even a selection of crunchy crudités.
2018 has seen a wholesale transformation in my health and lifestyle with truly remarkable results.
To document this momentous journey and offer a little well-being inspiration, I have launched a brand new blog: www.manrejuvenated.com. Please check it out - you never know where it may lead you!