All-In-One Summer Fish Dish
by A Bell
"This baked whole sea bass with white wine, lemon and chorizo makes a delicious sauce that soaks into the new potatoes."
This dish is simple, light and super tasty, perfect for sharing on a summer evening."
SHARE THIS RECIPE
10-15 Baby new potato (or Jersey Royals if you can get them, halved if large)
2 tbsp Olive oil
2 Small sea bass, gutted, scaled and fins clipped (you can ask your fishmonger to do this)
Zest 1 lemon – then slice
1 tsp Fennel seeds
140g Chorizo, skin removed and sliced
75ml White wine
200g Peas – defrosted if frozen, blanched if fresh
400g Broad beans (or 800g in their pods), skinned
Small bunch of parsley, chopped
1. Put the potatoes in a pan of cold, salted water. Bring to a simmer and bubble for 10 minutes, or until tender. Drain the potatoes, tip into a large roasting tin (big enough to fit the fish in), toss the potatoes in a 1 tbsp oil and add some seasoning. Roast for 8 minutes.
2. Make a couple of slashes in the side of each fish. Rub the remaining oil, the lemon zest, fennel seeds and some seasoning into the flesh and cavity of the fish.
3. When the potatoes have roasted for about 8 minutes, remove the tray from the oven, and place the fish in the centre of the tray.
4. Poke the lemon slices into the cavities of the fish. Scatter the chorizo over the potatoes and pour over the wine. Return to the oven for a further 3-4 minutes.
5. Check the fish is very nearly cooked – the flesh should pull away from the bones easily when gently pushed with a knife.
6. Scatter and mix the peas and broad beans in with the potatoes and chorizo and return to the oven for a minute or two, to warm the veg through.
7. Scatter over the parsley just before serving.