5 Reasons Why Pizza Is Good For You
Believe it or not pizza can be a healthy choice! Read on for some of our favourite tips for healthy pizza, the DeliVita way.
YES IT'S TRUE, PIZZA IS GOOD FOR YOU!
If you still need an excuse to eat pizza….here’s five of our favourites:
- Tomatoes contain an antioxidant called lycopene, a compound that helps prevent heart disease and illness. Eating lycopene-packed foods that have small amounts of fat, like pizza, helps your body absorb this antioxidant much better.
- Oregano’s active ingredient is carvacrol, which can protect the liver, as well as promoting balanced blood sugar.
- Choose toppings like broccoli or mushrooms, lean ham, Parmesan cheese, garlic, and even pineapple - all offer nutritional benefits.
- Serotonin levels (which affect mood) are influenced by the foods we eat. Pineapple and spinach are said to be serotonin boosters, as well as milk, which is a key ingredient in most pizza cheeses. So who doesn’t feel better after a slice or two of pizza?
- Pizza is packed full of protein thanks to the mozzarella we sprinkle on top. With the average slice containing up to 15g of protein, pizza is a great way to up your protein levels.